I think this may be a duplicate, trying to get used to this blog stuff.
Anyway,
Mark and I got up a little earlier than anticipated to get to the National Park before 8AM. It was recommended in one of the Gettysburg sites we visited. Temps in the 80s and the crowds get bigger as the day goes on. We toured the Museum and then took a 9:30 bus tour around the battlefield. The tour guide was great and we learned an awful lot about the strategies used and the whys and wherefores of who won what battle. We had finished there about 1:00 but you could spend days around this place learning about this battle. I think I'd like to learn more about the civil war. Who knows. I ran in to a family at the lobby and this family comes here several times a year.
Gettysburg is a very nice town with lots of nice places to eat, but too far from the hotel to be able to take advantage of them, being on the bike and all.
We ran into several motorcyclists, all interested in Mark's Triumph. How old, how big, where'd you get it. Still made in the UK?
Tomorrow we are off to Canton, Ohio. Another 270 mile day, which doesn't seem far, but seems to tak 10 hours on the road given our back roads.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment