Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day in Ames, IA


We're still in Ames, IA having arrived here yesterday. We had an uneventful day off from the road. I managed to get caught up on my journal, went for a walk back and forth to the convenience store, had take-out again for supper. Tonight there are supposed to be fireworks at 9PM or 10PM. It looks to be too light presently and its 8:40PM.

The hotel has eight rooms rented tonight. From the photo I took at about 8PM you can see how slow this place is.

Tomorrow we are off to Central City, NE, then to Chappel, NE for the evening of the 6th and Scottsbluff, NE for the 7th. We are due to arrive in Boulder on Wednesday the 8th and will head out on Saturday the 11th.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

Oh, my phone seems to be back working but now I can't email out.

Must be the weird magnetism from the central states!

No comments:

Post a Comment