Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Prologue, almost


Mark and I spent some very memorable eighteen days together travelling crosscountry on two wheels. Mostly just the two of us, we reached a travel rhythm only interrupted by the people we met, the places we stayed and the things we saw. Visits with family (Morales) and friends (Miyazakis) and strangers along the way gave way to conversation and learning.

San Francisco was a great respite and boy was I happy Martha was there! From there we got to meet and spend time with a bunch of Haydens friends; good folks all. From Oregon to Washington we rode with friends of Scott creating a posse of about 15 people.

A week plus in Seattle got us reaquainted with Marion and Reid and I hope its not another 22 years before we get back to the Northwest.
It will be nice to get home and sleep in my own bed. I'm really looking forward to seeing daughter Marcella who has kept in touch with me by email, SMS and cellphone. Never far away, she sent needed recipes for our visit in Boulder and kept me up-to-date on her activities.
Hard to believe it will have been nearly five weeks since I saw Mom. I think I've only spoken to her three or four times in so long a time. She'll probably have something to say about that!
God bless technology and our staff at the office. Debbie, Erin, Jessica, Nadine and Martha have kept me up to date and taken care of the business for me. A testament to them that I can be gone for so long.

This trip has been a rush to say the least. All because Mark and I decided to go for a little ride.

Maybe we'll turn in the K1200Lt and Bonneville for a couple of GS1200s and see where we can go next?

See you in the Funnies!
Craig

1 comment:

  1. Quite the prolific blogger you are Wild Cod. Keep it up, you're great at it. ALL - please visit Craig at his Twitter address - @craigvokey. Marcella - please provide tier 1 tech support as needed.

    ReplyDelete